- Library- The library is a place to work on homework, get book recommendations, check out library materials, use a computer, plus receive research or technology support. Lunch times and after school times are open to all students based on availability, check the library door for closures.
- Peer Tutoring- Peer Tutoring will be held again this year beginning on October 11 on Wednesdays (Room 506) and Thursdays (Library) from 3 pm - 4 pm. Permissions slips are required: Tutors (students who want to tutor another student) & Tutees (students who want to be tutored). For more information, please contact Katie Shepherd.
- Math help- Math assistance is offered to all students through each student's math teacher. Please contact your math teacher directly for their available office hours.
For parents: Weekly academic Monitoring
- Planner- Students are to use the planner to record daily assignments as well as in/out of school activities. Upon arrangement, teachers/parents can sign off in the planner in order to communicate daily regarding completion of homework assignments.
- Tutor list- Should parents chose to pursue outside tutoring for their student, there is a binder located in the counseling office with local tutors. Charlotte Wood does not promote/recommend specific tutors.
- Schoology- Access grades, missing assignments and class notes. We recommend checking at least once per week.
- Individual academic monitoring by the CWMS Intervention Team. Begin by contacting your students' teachers.
- The counseling office has informational brochures from several learning centers and academic support programs not affiliated with Charlotte Wood Middle School or the district.