The Charlotte Wood Middle School Counseling Program is driven by the American School Counseling Association’s (ASCA) National Developmental Standards. These standards- academic, personal/social, and career development- are set in place to ensure the academic achievement of ALL students. The following services have been established at Charlotte Wood in order to meet these standards.
Counseling services include:
- Academic Guidance and Counseling assists students and their parents to understand curricular options, plan a program of studies, schedule and interpret academic testing, and seek post secondary academic opportunities.
- College and Career Guidance and Counseling assists students to understand and make plans for jobs, apprenticeships, and post secondary opportunities.
- Personal/Social Guidance and Counseling assists students to understand themselves, the rights and needs of others, conflict resolution and encourages individual goal setting.
These services are delivered through:
- Classroom Guidance is a series of classroom lessons conducted by counselor (s) at various grade levels to promote academic, personal/social and career development of all students.
- Small Group Counseling allows students to share mutual concerns with their peers. Emphasis is upon problem solving and the development of positive attitudes and effective personal skills.
- Individual Counseling helps students learn more efficiently and effectively, with an emphasis on identifying concerns early before they become overwhelming.