To report an all-day and partial day absence, call (925) 855-7798. This number can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Parents or guardians must notify the school regarding all absences whether excused or unexcused.
Absences must be cleared within two days of returning to school otherwise the absence will become a cut and the student may receive consequences.
Full Day Absence
Parent/guardian must call the attendance recorder (855-7798) on the morning of or within 48 hours of the absence. Please provide the following information:
1. The date(s) of the absence(s).
2. Spell the student’s last name.
3. State the first name of the student.
4. State the reason for absence.
5. Identify yourself (i.e. parent, guardian, etc.)
Partial Day Absence
Parent/guardian must call the attendance office to report a partial day absence (855-7798) to notify the school that a student is coming to school late. In order for a partial day absence to be excused the following requirements must be met:
Late arrival and early dismissal
- Please send a signed note or sign your student in at the attendance window for any late arrivals.
- Students must bring a note (signed by the parent or guardian) to the attendance window before school to obtain a pass to leave class.
- Whenever possible, please have the student return to school with a note from the Medical/Dental appointment in order for the absence to be excused.
- If a student does not bring a note, then the parent /guardian must come to the attendance window to sign the student out. A picture ID will be required.
- Failure to follow procedures may result in a cut from the class. Consequences can include a work detail or lunch detention.
Illness at School
If a student becomes ill at school, they must report to the nurses office. If the nurse or secretary determines the student should be sent home, the parents will be notified. A student may not be released unless a parent or guardian has been contacted. Students will only be released to the parent or guardian or emergency contact on Infinite Campus.
Make-up work resulting from an excused absence must be completed within a reasonable period of time commensurate with the length of the absence.
Excused absences include the following:
Medical/Dental/Optometric Appointments (with a medical slip from the doctor’s office only)
Religious Retreat (no more than 4 hours per semester)
Approved School-Related Activities
Observation of Religious Holidays
Employment Conference (requested by parent)
*Excessive illnesses (calling in ill on 10 or more days) may require a doctor’s note to be excused. For more information, please see SRVUSD District Board Policy and Administrative Regulation 5113.
A call from the Districts automated line will alert parents of the absences. Students with excessive absences and illnesses may be sent to the SARB team and receive further consequences.
Unexcused absences include the following:
Unexcused Absence (UNX)
Excessive Illnesses w/out a valid Dr.’s Note
Out of Town – No Independent Study Contract
Unexcused Absence (CUT)
Forged parent or doctor notes
Illegal phone call (Phone Forgery)
Failure to clear an absence within two days of returning to school
Excused Tardy (EDU)
Only tardies due to illness and medical appointments will be considered excused. In order to excuse a tardy, a note from a parent, a guardian, or a medical or dental office/facility stating the reason for the tardy is required.
Very Tardy (VTY)
Students who are more than 30 minutes late to class will receive a Very Tardy. Students with excessive Very Tardies may receive a detention and begin the SARB process. A Very Tardy is considered an Unexcused Absence.
Authorized Attendance Clearance
Absences may ONLY be cleared by a telephone call personally made by the parent or guardian. Calls made by the student or persons not authorized to clear a student’s absence violate rules for attendance and may result in student disciplinary action.
The attendance desk is open from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. It is located to the left of the main building.